Step 1: What to consider
Your home is your greatest asset. Maintain your property. Clean and tidy homes sells well. Freshly painted, manicured lawns, gutters and downpipes free from rust, holes and leaves.
Step 2: A plan of action
Keep your eye on the best result. Present the best possible home, to attract the best possible buyer for the best possible price. Think like a purchaser. The golden rule of thumb is: if something needs to be repaired fix it! (The market is always driven by buyer demand and the average buyer will have a difficult time looking beyond bright and bold colours). Plan of action checklist
Step 3: Professional inspection reports
Make a pre-emptive strike and arrange a building and pest inspection (this gives you control over the selling and negotiating process) Price update Once you have completed any repairs, it is a perfect time to reassess the market place and the recent sales in your area.
Step 4: Prepare your home for marketing
When it comes time to market your property there are no shortcuts to achieving a great price. This is what you want a potential buyer to see. Professional photographs are one of the main ways to draw a buyer.
Steps to prepare:
• Declutter and clean clean clean
• Think about who you are targeting
• The front of your home needs to create a strong first impression
• Present the home to suit the purchaser
• Declutter the kitchen remove all personal items
• Windows pristine clean
• Bathrooms see thru the glass screen polish the mirror clean clean clean
• Bedrooms declutter turn on lights
• Entertainment area create an ambience that will appeal to your buyer.
• The pool sparkling clean
• Replace all faulty globes
• Lastly checklist: absolutely immaculate for sale no shortcuts to achieve the best possible price for your most valued asset.